Welcome to Comets from across the country
Staunton Harold Sailing Club is delighted to host this year’s Comet Association Championships. Set over two days – 14/15 May, we’ll be welcoming Comet sailors and their supporters from across the country. In addition to some great racing there’ll be a chance for sailors and supporters to catch up over a three course evening meal on the Saturday – please see links below. In addition to local places to stay, camping will be available onsite.
- Registration: Please register in advance online here. We ask all sailors to register in advance, payment can be in advance via the online links or on the day – but signing up in advance, allows us to ensure the best racing for the event.
- Onsite: All competitors should register their attendance on Saturday 14th in the Clubhouse from 9.00am.
- Races: Up to 5 Races will be sailed – three on the Saturday and two on the Sunday – weather depending.
- First Race : The first race on Saturday will not be before 10.55 am and on Sunday the first race will not be before 9.55am.
- Entry fee : The entry fee is £20. Please note that the championship is open to Comet class boats (with Standard, Xtra, White Xtra or Mino rig) whose helms are members of the Comet Class Association at the time of the event. Membership (including a temporary membership of £10) is available via the Comet Class Association website.
- Saturday evening, three course meal: It’s not just about the racing, enjoy a relaxing and fun evening, over a three course meal – this needs to be booked in advance by 09/05/22 latest, please click here to book and scroll to the bottom of the page for tickets.
And of course the galley and bar will be open!
With lots of prizes up for grabs, it’s not just the honour of winning that’s at stake! Prizes will be given to the first 5 boats plus the 1st Lady, 1st Junior, 1st Ancient Mariner, 1st Veteran and 1st SHSC boat. Only one prize will be awarded to each individual prize winner.
NOR/ SIs and Briefing Video
Where to stay / local information