Coronavirus Update 16th March

Government advice

The government advice on the response to coronavirus / Covid-19 has just been updated and, sadly, is a significant change from previous guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-statement-on-coronavirus-16-march-2020

Key part for Staunton Harold Sailing Club

The key part for us is:
“So, second, now is the time for everyone to stop non-essential contact with others and to stop all unnecessary travel.  We need people to start working from home where they possibly can. And you should avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and other such social venues”

Postponement of Fireball/ Scorpion Open and Presentation Evening – new dates to be advised

The Committee have decided that, very unfortunately, we don’t have any option other than to cancel the Fireball/Scorpion Open (21/22nd March and Presentation Evening (28th March).  We will look for opportunities to reschedule both events once the situation improves.

Please check emails and this website for ongoing updates 

We will continue to monitor government and RYA advice, and talk to STW, to decide whether we need to take any actions on the Club sailing programme through March/April.  We will advise members of any changes as soon as we can.


We are very sorry to have had to take this action, but we believe that the unprecedented situation is going to affect most leisure and sporting activities.

Leave a Comment