GoCardless is an online tool which makes it easy for members to pay by Direct Debit.
Direct Debit is the new preferred method of membership fee payment because Direct Debit will help your club run more efficiently, keep costs down and save time.
Here are a few of the benefits of paying by Direct Debit through GoCardless.
- You only need to set up payment once – Complete an online form and, unlike with a bank transfer, cash, cheque or card payment, you won’t have to remember to pay next time. Which means no accidental disruptions to your service, subscription or membership.
- You won’t ever need to update payment details – Unless you change bank accounts, you won’t have to worry about updating your payment details either (unlike, if your debit card expires, or is lost or stolen).
- Paying through GoCardless gives you certainty – You’ll know exactly how much you’re paying and when it will come out, which can help with budgeting.
GoCardless is a safe and secure market leader in online direct debit payment. Here’s why…
- GoCardless is a leading Direct Debit provider, processing over £5 billion in payments annually for more than 50,000 organisations around the world including Sage, TripAdvisor and Les Mills.
- With GoCardless you are notified that a payment is coming out in advance, giving you the chance to raise any issues about the payment.
- With Direct Debit, your payments are protected. For example, in the UK, you are fully protected under the Direct Debit Guarantee, meaning you have the right to cancel and receive a full refund for any payment taken in error.
- You can cancel the Direct Debit mandate at any time, for example, through your online banking, immediately stopping future payments (although this will of course affect access to your services).
- GoCardless is ISO 27001 accredited, (ISO 27001 is a widely recognised, internationally accepted standard for information security). It is also authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority to provide payment services as an Authorised Payment Institution across the European Union.
If you would like more information on GoCardless go to the GoCardless website – at Direct Debit guide for payers in the UK