Second in the Midland Bell Series
The second event in the hotly contested GP14 Midland Bell series this upcoming Open event follows hot on the heels of last month’s Chase SC’s event. The big question is will the race leaders be contesting their top spots! The leaderboard is currently showing, Ian Dobson and Andy Tunnicliffe (Burwain SC) top of the Gold Fleet. M Cleal and Romak (Wembley/Welsh Harp SC) heading up the Silver Fleet and Cath Grove and Rob Slack (Chase SC) winning the Bronze Fleet.
In advance and on the day
• Please sign up, in advance online, note that payment is on the day – but signing up allows us to ensure the best racing on the day.
• Registration from 9:30 am on Saturday.
• The warning signal for the first race will be on/ after 10:55 on Saturday and …
• Up to 3 races will be sailed – weather conditions permitting. Some races may be sailed back to back. Races 2 & 3 will be shared with the Miracle fleet.
• Entry fee £19.50 for visiting boats and £1.50 for home SHSC boats payable on the day.
GP14 Class Association
For full details of the Midland Bell Series and to join the GP14 Class Association please click here. For competitors to be eligible to win the series they must compete in at least five of the Midland Bell events, see conditions on the website..
NOR/ SIs and Briefing Video
To check out the NOR, Sailing Instructions and a short briefing video in advance of your visit please click here.
Where to stay / local information
For links to places to stay please click here. For event supporters, there are lovely walks around the sailing club, the National Trusts’s Calke Abbey close by is a great place to visit, and Melbourne Village just a five minute drive away is an attractive Georgian market town with a range of shops, pubs and restaurants.
We look forward to seeing you on 23rd April, if you have any queries please contact us via email@example.com.