The bids are already coming in. Please check below …
A huge thank you to internationally renowned yachting photographerRick Tomlinson – who will be donating one of his canvasses for our Summer Shindig Auction of Promises. Come along and place your bid at the Summer Shindig on 30th June. If you haven’t bought your tickets yet please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or book online.
All proceeds from the Auction of Promises will go to our 2018 Commodore’s Charity, Cystic Fibrosis. Specifically to raise funds for a NIPPY Clearway machine for the CF team at the Leicester Royal Infirmary.
This year the Summer Shindig will feature live band Superbad, party and camping over. Plus of course the Junior Champs, Club Regatta and Club Champs.
If you would like to place a bid in advance of the Auction, please contact Elaine.
Auction of Promises
We have some superb promises in addition to the canvas which will be auctioned off at the Shindig these include:-
– Holiday at Chalet Frollie. Enjoy a week in our 10 bed family chalet located in Les Gets 1200m (1hr from Geneva 8hrs from Calais). Great for fun packed adult and family activities or a relaxing mountain break. Two minutes walk to Les Gets village centre and lift system. Plenty of restaurants and bars, delicious French food. Extensive summer lift system- open mid June to Sept 2nd. Alpine walking, linked with Portes de Soleil, all possible without the need for lifts. Road/trail/downhill biking -swimming lake/high wire course/gorge walks/rafting. Available July 1-21, August 17-24, Anytime Sep 1 to December + dates for next summer are negotiable WOW! We have a starting bid for £500 for this already!
– International Yachting photographer, Rick Tomlinson, has pledged a canvas of one of his original photos of Team Brunel sailing the 2018 Volvo Ocean Race See more of Rick’s fabulous work at www.rick-tomlinson.com. Our £75 starting bid has been raised – £100 is the new bid!
– Melbourne-based professional property presentation company, Lemon and Lime Interiors have offered a Room Makeover. This includes advice on colour schemes, furniture, window dressings and soft furnishing. You will have a 2-hour home consultation followed by mood boards and sourcing details for your preferred scheme. See examples of Lemon and Lime Interiors design at www.lemonandlimeinteriors.co.uk
– Get fit healthy and active. Physio/Nutrition or Pilates session with Andra Health, Melbourne. A 1-2-1 session of your choice to help you get on track to full health and fitness. £35 already bid!
– Oppie bottom cover from Chris Green . Exactly what you need if you’re thinking of travelling away from the club
– Cheese hamper from Long Clawson Dairy. Long Clawson Dairy, are a Leicestershire based business who have been producing cheese by traditional methods for over 100 years. Including award winning Stilton and Red Leicester. Yummy, need we say more! £20 already bid for this promise.
– 1-2-1 Laser Coaching from Grahame Newton. Take a master class from one of the most respected Laser sailors in the Midlands! Plus have lots of fun too.
– ‘Top ten tips to excel with Excel [1.5 hours]’ with Paul Munro. Learn how to excel at spreadsheets. £40 already bid for this promise!
– Need help with your maths?-Lynne Munro offers 4 hours of 1:1 Maths tuition up to A level standard lessons in the Ashby area
Thank you to everyone who has already donated all the superb promises above. Don’t be left out, if you have a skill or more, that you can promise for our auction please contact Elaine. If you would like to place a bid in advance of the Auction, again please contact Elaine
Tickets to the Summer Bash are just £15 for adults, £10 for under 15’s and free for the under 8’s. To book your tickets please email email@example.com.
The NIPPY Clearway
The NIPPY Clearway is a piece of specialist equipment that enables CF patients to effectively clear their chests during a chest infection without needing to stay in hospital. The equipment is portable and has dual uses, it can be used with children that have a weak cough, as well as lots of secretions and thanks to its portability can be used not only in hospital but also in the patient’s home and school. This means children can complete their physiotherapy without it having too much impact on their schooling and family life.